It brought a tear to my eye.

But only a tear. I didn't get too "watery-eyed." But, it is still probably one of the most beautiful things I have seen in Boston.

About a week ago, I was in the Copley Mall shopping. (I go there at least once a week to "peek" if there's anything new in th shops.) I noticed on this visit that the Greta Luxe shop that was in between Hugo Boss and the new Ellie Tahari boutiques was boarded up and closed. This is no loss in my opinion. That store was a waste in the Copley Mall. The sales staff were snotty and anything they had in there, you can easily get elsewhere in the area. You want Marc Jacobs Bags? Go to Marc Jacobs on Newbury Street. You want Chloe bags or tops? Head to Neiman Marcus. Going into that store was intimidating. It was small. And there was never anyone in there... Which made it impossible to just browse and price stuff out. The sales staff would act like you were a waste if you didn't give off the vibe that you were going to buy something. And seriously, before I plink down a huge chunk of change on a piece of clothing or an accessory, I like to research it. I like to find a sample and actually touch it. Feel the weight of it. But you could never do that there without getting the "evil eye."

So Gretta Luxe leaving that space in the Copley is no loss. Especially when you consider what we're getting in return. The thing that brought a tear to my eye is what is coming in its place...



That's right. We're getting a Jimmy Choo boutique. Or, as I like to call it... A "Choo-tique!"

The only thing could have made me actually cry would be to see a Manolo Blahnik shop going in.

Oh happy day.

Comments

Popular Posts