Unemployed?

No, I still have a job. But I had a rough and busy day at work today. I was so TO'd by the end of the day that I decided to cut my 9-hour day short by one hour and get the hell out of there at 4pm.

I dashed home. Dropped off my laptop and changed into my yoga gear. I needed to get out and focus on myself for a few hours. And bikram was the perfect way to do it. I was expecting to have a bad class, because I hadn't been in three weeks. But surprisingly, I had a great class. And it got me thinking about what I would do with my days if I decided to quit my job.

Here is a summary of how I think I would spend my days...

  • 6:45am - Get up. Watch last 15 minutes of local AM news.
  • 7:00am - Wake husband up. Watch the Today Show. Make coffee.
  • 7:30am - Wake husband up again. Continue watching the Today Show.
  • 7:35am - Stand over husband in bed asking "Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now? Are you going to get up now?" Do this until he gets up.

So, basically, the first part of my day wouldn't change from the way it is now.

But with the rest of my day I would:

  • Go to yoga. Every day. In the afternoon.
  • Go for a walk along the river and in the park.
  • Hit the gym or core fusion every day.
  • Tidy my apartment.
  • Read news online.
  • Blog.
  • Make dinner.

Those all seem like nice things to do everyday. I wish I could get to them every day. And if I decided not to work, I could get my wish.

I have to give this some thought. Would I really miss the interaction I get from my work day? Yes, I would. But it is possible that the trade-off would be good for me. Healthy even.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are going to have to trust me on this one - it's a tempting lifestyle but you would get really, really bored. People need work to give themselves a sense of worth.
Anonymous said…
Please add to your daily list of fun things to do:
-meet my wonderful protege/1st mate from the pirate ship for lunch (as this plan would include leaving her to fend for herself at aforementioned stressful job)

:-)

Popular Posts