The motivation to work out.

I live in Boston's beautiful and charming Southend. But the closest branch of the gym I belong to was over by my work building. Which meant hauling my gym clothes to work every day to hit the gym after putting in my 9 or so hours. Most of the time, I am too exhausted to make my way across the street to the gym because I knowit will be crowded and that I will be spending most of my time waiting around for a free treadmill or elliptical machine.

But, a few weeks ago they opened a Southend branch of the gym... and it is awesome! I love going there. Sure, the hours aren't quite as good as other branches. But the location to my apartment can't be beat. And, going there has other benefits. ;)

So, the Southend in Boston is kind of like the West Village or Chelsea of Manhattan. The area is filled with great restaurants, cute shops and sweet little cafes. There are beautiful brownstone buildings lining the streets. And many, many people have dogs. Cute and friendly dogs. Also, there is a higher population of gay men in the area. This is what makes this branch of the gym so wonderful!

The three or four times I have been in the gym in the past week, the majority of the people in the gym were gay couples and women in worse shape than me. I felt so comfortable there! No creepy guys checking me out; and no super athletic women to compare myself too. It was all about getting in, working out for my 90 minutes and leaving. It was fantastic!

I'm so motivated to hit the gym now. Why have I never discovered working out in an gym in a gay-centric neighborhood before? It's awesome!

Comments

Popular Posts