Balenciaga Giant Day Bag, Will You Ever Be Mine?

Bummer...

I was planning on ordering the Balenciaga Giant Day bag for myself as a reward, after I finished the Bikram 101 Challenge in April. And because the challenge ends the day before my birthday, I was also going to call it a, "New Life Cycle B-day Present!" But it looks like my purchase of the bag may have to wait a few months. If I am able to get it at all.

See, I stopped by the local swanky department store yesterday afternoon... Which, as far as I can tell, is one of the only places in Toronto that sells Balenciaga. I saw the Giant Day bags on the shelf in the Balenciaga area on the first floor. But they only had two colors...

Palm




Maldives


Both are very pretty colors. However, I already have a green hobo bag I bought almost five years ago. And Maldives isn't really a color I want to add to my collection. I like colors that POP for my accessories, because I wear a lot of black and grey.

The sales lady in charge of the Balenciaga told me that the Raisin color was a designated Fall color. And they won't have any of them until September at the earliest.

"We're in Spring colors now," she informed me. "And the Palm and the Maldives are Spring colors."

She also told me that when anything in the purple colors comes in, it gets snatched up pretty quickly. So she gave me her card and told me to email her in late August to see what they might have coming up.

I may just have to take a weekend trip to NYC this Spring and find me a Balenciaga in a color I like there. There are so many places in that city that sell the line. I am abound to find a color I like there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Why not just order the color you want online?
Melissa said…
You make me want that bag. In purple.
Me said…
Anonymous... Unfortunately, the purple one is out of stock online... And they don't ship to Canada. BOO!
Melanie said…
Maybe we can do a birthday celebration in NYC and hit the Balenciaga bag stores...
Bayjb said…
Bummer about the purse. I like the green one but understand the colors not jumping out at you, especially for the cost. Raisin would be divine!
Kam said…
I bought the City bag in Raisin this past Fall and loooooove it. I didn't wait to snag it after learning my lesson the previous year when Balenciaga had a slightly lighter shade of purple bags that sold out. Good luck in your search.

Popular Posts