Balenciaga Giant Day Bag.

Was reading gossip online this afternoon, and came across this photo of Salma Hayek and her daughter, with an accessory I must have...


No, it's not the baby or the stroller. It's the bag. The beautiful bag!

It's a Balenciaga bag, that I could tell from the photo. The signature studding and flaps... I can easily spot a Balenciaga from nearly 100 feet away once I see those bright shining metallic beacons!

This is the bag I think it is...


It's called the "Giant Day Bag." And it perfect for work. It measures 16 inches high, 13 inches wide and five inches deep. That is big enough to hold everything I need! Yoga clothes... Laptops (yes, plural!)... Work shoes... Avocado-chicken salad...

I like that it isn't stuffy like most the bags I see women carrying on the subway as they scramble off to their jobs in the mornings. This is a bag for a "gypsy-esque" professional. Not top-handled structured totes for me, thankyouverymuch! And no androgynous messenger bags either! I need something fabulous!

I may have to special request this bag from the local department store. Because I don't think the Balenciaga website ships to Canada. (Boo-urns!)

Comments

Bayjb said…
I was never a fan of the motorcycle bag but I like this bigger one. The purple is FAB!
bikramyogachick said…
It is a great bag! I'm afraid to ask the price :)
Jenn said…
I looked it up - a mere $1400USD and it can be yours! I love the red!!!
Marzz said…
I love that Balenciaga bag too. I need one for lugging small laptop to the office and refuse to carry a tote. I can justify this to the hubby as something I'll share with my 17yo daughter and as a reward for completing my first Bikram 100 challenge. CWhat other colors are available? an you order through Holt's?
Me said…
Hi Marlazz... If you live in the U.S., balenciaga will ship to you. If you live in Canada, like me, it is easier to try to find it at Holt Renfrew.

The bag comes in a number of different colors... http://www.balenciaga.com/us/en/balenciaga/Women/Handbags/ShoulderBags/P-Giant-day-Lambskin-Palladium-plated.aspx#view-color

Popular Posts