Shrooms, Trolls, Autism, Milk Saucer.

I manage a team of three people right now. I walked out of my office this afternoon to get some tea. As I walked to the kitchen, I saw the three of them huddled in a circle... Laughing so hard that they were heaving in silent fits.

"What the hell is so funny?" I intrude.

They indicate that one of them has the funniest story to tell. They heard it from a couple they met at a bar in downtown Toronto. I prod them to tell it to me...

"This couple was up north at their Summer cottage in the woods a few months ago. They had two of their male friend with them. They opened a baggie of shrooms and each took some. Three of them felt nothing. But one of the guys started freaking out a little. They ensured the guy he was fine, and the three of them left to run to the grocery store to pick up some food... Since the shrooms weren't working for them.

While at the grocery store, each of their cell phones kept ringing. It was the guy they left at the cottage. He was out walking in the woods. And he kept insisting that a troll was following him. They told him, 'Dude. You're tripping. Just go back to the cottage. You will be fine. There is no troll following you.'

A few minutes later, the guy called back again. 'The troll is still following me. He asked for some milk. Oh my god! What am I gonna do?'

They, once again, told him to chill the hell out. They reminded him that there is no way a troll could be following him. And that they would be back soon.

A while later, they got back to the cottage. Their friend was sitting in there, hugging himself on the couch.

'I locked the troll in the closet with some milk,' he told them.

They laughed. They said there was no troll in the closet. He insisted that their was though. So they went to the closet and pried it open...

Inside was a young boy. He was laying on the floor, next to a saucer of milk.

Turns out, the kid was autistic and had wandered off from a neighboring cottage. They took the kid to the police station, where his parents had already been to report him missing."

I guess the lesson here is, "If a troll asks you for milk... Don't invite him into your house. And don't give him milk before locking him in the closet."

Comments

murphy loves me said…
Well that explains it. I must admit as hilarious as that is, it also frightens me just a wee bit. Considering I have an autistic son, who has been known to plot and carry out elaborate escape attempts. All have ended with him playing gleefully in the neighbors swimming pool, but thank god our neighbors don't enjoy the hallucinogens.
Arielle said…
I've heard this story from other sources (except they called it a leprechaun, not a troll). I wonder where it ACTUALLY originated from..
bikramyogachick said…
Oh my gosh, that poor kid! That is funny!
I'm a bit horrified, and a bit amused. I hope that poor kid was okay, that must have be so scary for him. Just goes to show you should stop doing shrooms as soon as you get that college diploma!
Me said…
Arielle: really?? I guess that doesn't surprise me. It does sound like a made up story.

Popular Posts