Two Thousand Nine Hundred Seventy-Six.

I realized something today, right in the middle of my second Bikram class for the day...

"I have been blogging for over four years now."

Holy crap! Four years? Has it really, truly been that long? I honestly never thought I would stick so consistently with this blog thing for so long. I thought after a year or so, I would let it die. But that never happened. And now, I can't imagine more than a few days going by without getting a post onto the Intertubez.

Back when I started this thing, was ecstatic to get a hundred readers a month. Now, I get close to 300,000 visits a year. And this blog has introduced me to so many wonderful people. People I consider friends, even though I mostly know them from my blog and their blog. And this blog has helped keep my husband and my family updated on everything that goes on in my life and my brain.

I, of course, will continue to write and post on On Common Ground (which I named because when I looked out the window of the high rise I lived in back in Boston for the first few years, my view was of Boston Common)... But I need to find time to sit down and actually begin writing more substantial things.

I started this blog as a way to see if I had something to share and say... And now, four years later, I see that I do. At least for 2,976 posts I have.

(Well, counting this post, it's 2,977.)

Thanks for reading everyone. It means a lot to me.

Comments

thedancingj said…
I never realized where the title of your blog came from. Awww!! That gives it extra meaning for me! Congrats on FOUR YEARS, lady. That is awesome. You are great inspiration for us "newbie" bloggers. (I'm not even a year old yet!)
Congratulations!!! This is not an easy feat by ANY means. Looking forward to reading more, both blog posts and more *substantial* materials alike!
Me said…
Thanks gals!!!!!
Mei said…
happy 4th Birthday! :D Keep on blogging!!
bikramarian said…
And keep it coming Missus! I stumbled across your blog some time last year when I was googling ways to clean my yoga mat after bikram. I've been coming back regularly ever since then, and also spent a lot of time reading many of your older posts. I love your writing style so I'll always be coming back as long as you keeping blogging.
Me said…
Thanks Mei!

LOL! Bikramarian! Had no idea that was how you found me! How funny! Thank you!

Popular Posts