Floor Bow: Oh My Legs!!!!

I am 26 days into the Bikram 101 Challenge. My practice has ebbed and flowed in terms of energy.

Yesterday, for example, I was so freaking tired. So sleepy. I could not stop yawning in class. And I was too sleepy to even care about my water bottle. I barely took a sip the entire class. And whenever the teacher opened the door to let in fresh air for everyone else (who was dying), I found myself curling up from the cold. But that was yesterday. Today...

Today I had a kick ass class. I had great energy (because I went home and crashed after class last night). My leg seemed to find a new depth of "locking the knee" in the balancing poses. And my core seemed to be holding me up more strongly in class. Also new tonight... Sore legs in Floor Bow.

I know teachers have always told me that you should be using your legs in Floor Bow, and not your arms. But tonight was the first real time I have ever felt my leg muscles tire out in this pose. They shook and crumbled towards the end of both sets of the posture. But I am not worried. I am labeling that "progress."

You can't stop progress!

Comments

Popular Posts