Bikram 101: Day One - Let The Healing Begin!

Ugh. Who knew two glasses of champagne could inflict so much damage?

Today was the first day of the Bikram 101 Challenge. I went to the only class offered by the studio closest to me today... The noon class. It ended up being the perfect time, as I didn't get out of bed till 10:30am.

By 11:35am, I was at the studio. I purchased an annual pass for the new year. And I went into the practice room and laid my Scooby-Doo yoga mat on the hot floor. I laid down to zone out. I was relaxed. Then class began.

It wasn't my worst class. Not by a long shot. But it wasn't close to being the best. My body was not limber and pliable. It was stuff. And I had the obnoxious acid reflux feeling in my stomach and throat, despite not having eaten anything since last night.

Yes. Clearly my body needs to do some serious healing. Day two tomorrow.

Comments

bikramyogachick said…
yup. me too! need some good yoga healing! Thought I was going to die a slow horrible death in that room today. Ugh!
aHappyYogi said…
It can only get better!
Anonymous said…
regarding the challenge before measurements...
What measures do you recommend? I did upper arm (bicep), thigh bicep, calf, bust, waist, hips.
any others?
thanks,
Laura
Allie said…
I can't drink champagne. I never feel good after I do - and even the smallest amount seems to wreak havoc on hydration for some reason - worse than any other beverage, I think.

Happy Healing! And Happy New Year!
Me said…
Laura: I measured the following...

Right Bicep
Left Bicep
Neck
Bust line
Natural Waist
Hips
Right Upper Thigh
Left Upper Thigh
Right Lower Thigh
Left Lower Thigh
Right Calf
Left Calf

Popular Posts