Equinox: What's The Deal?

Typically, my workout schedule looks like this:

Monday:
AM - Equinox
PM - Bikram

Tuesday:
PM - Equinox

Wednesday:
PM - Bikram

Thursday:
PM - Equinox

Friday:
AM - Equinox
PM - Bikram

Saturday:
PM - Bikram

Sunday:
Rest, read paper and magazines and shop... Because that's how God wants it.

This week, though, Monday and Friday were the only days I was going to get to the gym. I realized this earlier in the week when I found myself exhausted after work a few days. I've made it to every Bikram class on my schedule, but the gym workouts had to be put on hold on Tuesday and Thursday.

So I got up this morning to hit the gym for my 5:30am training session. I was up at 5am. And I was out the door 20 minutes later. However, when I got there, I was surprised by a delay...

The gym was not open.

This is the second time this has happened in the past month. Whoever is supposed to open the gym at 5:30am doesn't show up. So all the 5:30am regulars and the trainers stand in the lobby of the building, waiting. And this means that everyone's workouts get cut short. And if you meet with a trainer, like me, it means you either have to do a shorter session (but still pay the same amount) or you have to reschedule... Which sucks for the trainer.

My trainer and I decided to just go ahead and reschedule, since no one showed up till just before 6am to open the gym.

It's such a pain in the ass though. I only had a certain amount of time to work out this morning, so I just decided to bag going in to get a quick run on the treadmill. I'm covered for a workout today, since I am going to Bikram. But I would have liked to have trained.

Comments

nancy said…
Sorry to hear of your dilema... I'd complain. I work at our local YMCA and take it pretty seriously to get there for 5:15 a.m. to open... people only have so much time carved out these days for working out, right? Definitely complain...
That Girl! said…
Wait and you go to Equinox, I'm considering joining. But not being open when they should be is totally NOT COOL!!!
Me said…
Yeah... It really throws people off when it's not open on time in the mornings. The regular early birds who go in at that time were pissed!

Don't blame them. They are serious about their fitness.

Popular Posts