I Was Kidding!

So...

Today is my company's summer outing. And somehow, since it is a small-ish company, I got roped into planning the event. The only rules I was given were:
  • Don't spend more than $XXXX.
  • There should be food and alcohol.
  • There has to be some kind of "team-building" event. (Which is the type of shit I hate. "Let's do trust falls!")
So, based on the rules, here is what I planned:
  • 10:45am - Private Duck Tour. They pick us up near our office and drop us off at our next event...
  • 12:30pm - TOMB. It's an indoor maze/adventure thing over by Fenway. It's perfect for team-building.
  • 2pm - Game On! food, alcohol, sports.
The whole day finishes at like 5pm. When I showed the main boss in the office what I had planned (and what he had signed off on), he had a comment...

"You planned a whole day? I didn't want it to start until after lunch!" he said.

"You neglected to tell me that part. Oh well!" I told him.

Then, just to have fun... I decided yesterday to tell everyone in the office...

"Hey! The Summer outing is "1980s-themed dress! You have to dress up form the 80s for it!"

Then I followed that up with, "Sike! Just kidding!"

Well, apparently the main boss of the office didn't hear that part. And he came to the office dressed in jeans that he could peg, an 80s-style cap - turned backwards, high top electric green converse hightops - unlaced, and a tee from 1982.

Ha-ha!

Comments

Vanessa said…
I would love to see a picture of that!
Anonymous said…
I'm planning a company outing too, and I came up with the same idea of a duck boat and TOMB Adventure as well! How did yours go? We ended up changing it and decided to go with a professionally managed scavenger hunt through Boston, followed by a nice dinner...
Kori said…
i love love the tomb
Kitty said…
That is a glorious, glorious story. Who wouldn't want to see an authority figured dressed up like Zach Morris? Way to make it happen!
Anonymous said…
First off, it's a Kangol cap, and it's vintage. 2nd, they're not 'electric' green, they're Celtic green, and they're Converse Weapons for those with 80s shoe fetishes. And 3rd, no mention of my superfriends T shirt? WTF?

Popular Posts