Summer Outing: A Recap.

So...

I was volunteered to plan my company's Summer Outing, as I mentioned earlier this week. Seeing as I hate "forced fun," I am still not sure why I was tapped to do it... But I did. And there were a lot of things I looked into having us do, including:
  • Scavenger Hunt (We had a professional one organized for us last year... And it was.. Well.. It just "was." Enough said.)
  • Sam Adams Brewery Tour (It's nearly free! But not everyone in the office likes beer.)
  • An afternoon of swimming and drinking at the pool on top of the Colonade. (It had a $10k food and beverage minimum... So that was a "no-go.")
  • Chartering a boat around Boston Harbor. (It was expensive and beyond our budget.)
So I decided to just plan a private Duck Tour. When I was doing so, the Duck Tour people on the phone also recommended this thing called "The Tomb" over by Fenway, as it was good for team-building.

"Great!" I said. "I have to include a team-building exercise into the event. So sign us up!"

The only other thing left to figure out was where to wrap the day up with food and drinks. And since we were near Fenway, Game On was a natural choice.

The Duck Tour was a lot of fun. Only about half the people in the office had even been on one... So it was good to finally get them on a boat and tour the city.

The Tomb would have been much more fun if we would have been drunk before going through it. It's really meant more for kids, and is totally cheesy. But the problem-solving stuff was challenging. And it would have been even more fun if we had been buzzed.

Game On was great fun. Only one person in the office was cut off from drinking during the three or so hours we were there. I would definitely go back there again for another corporate event in the future.

In total, the whole outing cost us what we paid last year for the "professionally arranged" scavenger hunt. And we had twice as many people this year, and we had way more fun. Even with The Tomb's cheesiness, it was fun. And it's always a good time when someone gets cut off from drinking at a bar.

Comments

Dan said…
The outing was awesome. Game On is a cool, hip place to tilt some beverages. That was truly Happy Hour.

Popular Posts