Framed Hermes Scarves: Now I Have Bedroom Art!

In 2011, I acquired two spectacular things...


Two silk scarves from the Hermes store.

The orange one with the Japanese temari balls on it was a gift from Newman (my ex) for my 34th birthday. He chose it himself. And I love it. 

The other scarf I picked up later that year while in Hong Kong with Frogger. It features a Native American on it, and I love it as well.

The colors in both scarves are stunning. And I have worn both scarves quite a bit over the past few years. But now that I am on the West Coast... Well, my style isn't really about silk scarves anymore.  

But these were too beautiful to just keep tucked away in my closet - rarely to be worn. So I decided to take them to a framer here in Encinitas to have them custom framed.

And now they are to be wall art in my new bedroom!

The framer I went to wasn't cheap. The size of the size of the scarves meant that it fell into the "oversize" category.  And even though he cut me a very nice deal on the framing and the glass and the labor... It was still a pretty penny.

But I think it was worth it...


Now I have really beautiful pieces that mean a lot to me.


The wood I chose has a lavender color running through it, which picks up the pinky-purple shades in both scarves. I am going to hang them diagonally on the same wall in my bedroom when the house is done.

They're going to look great on the walls.

Comments

Towely said…
Those are beautiful!

Popular Posts