Renovation: Colors!

I arrived back to Encinitas to some color on my walls...


After dreaming about this color for over five years... I finally get to see it on my walls. It's Dior Gray by Benjamin Moore. And it spans my bottom floor.

Except in the powder room...


There's no natural light in the small room. And I don't have electricity running into it. But its a deep purple color called Tulsa Twilight. And I love the crispness of it against the white ceiling.

You can really see the contrast of the color against the ceiling in the master bedroom...


It's called Evening Sky. I originally wanted to put it in my office. But I felt it was better in my sleeping space. It's a deep grape-navy color. And just beyond the bathroom doorway, you can see my subway tile setting into the walls.

YAY!

The guest room color came out gorgeous too...


This one is called Dolphin. It's also a grey color. And it will go perfectly with the Persian-inspired rug I have going into it.

My favorite, though, is the color going into my office - which was originally supposed to go into my bedroom...


Boy, am I glad I switched the colors between the two rooms!!!

It's called Brilliant Blue. It's a similar color to that which (I shamefully admit) Carrie Bradshaw painted her apartment in the first Sex and the City Movie. But I find it to be a creative color.

I picked dark colors overall. But they're soft. And with the light wood floors that are going into the place, they will look really clean and sharp.

They still have some blackboard walls to finish up, as well as the two upstairs bathrooms. And then install the kitchen cabinets and bathroom fixtures. And the floors.

Three more weeks till Moving Day!!!

Comments

Stacie Jean said…
I'm so excited!!! I love the colors and I've loved watching your home renovation take shape!

Popular Posts