Pinterest-Driven Thanksgiving.

I don't ever need to eat again.

I helped put together a 20-person Thanksgiving dinner this year. I let someone else handle the turkey. And a few others do a dish or two. But I took on a lot of the cooking myself because...
  1. I like to cook.
  2. I am good at cooking.
  3. I don't get to cook planned meals often.
  4. It gave me a chance to try some Pinterest recipes I'd stocked away.

But I let my Pinterest eyes be bigger than mine and everyone else's bellies.


At the last minute (as in this morning), I decided to make a mac and cheese dish. But because I loathe elbow macaroni's texture... I made it with mini penne. I was worried that there wasn't enough food. Clearly, I was wrong.

There was plenty of food...


This was Cognac cranberry sauce we made. Probably the simplest thing we made too. You just dump everything in a pot, and let it boil.

The pumpkin pie I scratched up was tasty...


And that was my attempt to create a turkey made from my handprint. Really though, it just looks like a hand... And kept soliciting the question from people, "Why is there a hand on the pie?"

And because we were working with only one pie plate, I made a second dessert in a free-form way...


It's my Salted Caramel Apple Pie, only as a galette.

One of the yummiest things was from my sister's sister-in-law...


Mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallow gravy and pecans.

It's pretty much a dessert too. We found the recipe on Pinterest.

So much pretty food...


We had veggies too, though...


And, of course, wine...


I'm thankful the whole meal was good and went off without a hitch.

And there are so many leftovers.

But really, I may not eat for days.

Comments

Popular Posts