Oar Decor.

This is how I have spent the past hour...


Watching The Goonies and using a new drill I bought this morning at the place I seem to go every Saturday morning... The Home Depot.

Last weekend I was there as well, picking up 12 of these...


Oil-rubbed bronze double hooks.

I'd bought them to drill directly into my dressing closet wall in my new house.  I wanted them to hold all of my scarves and necklaces.

But after finding that random oar in the attic of my new place, I figured some of the hooks could be put to better style use.

So once I got myself together this morning, I went to the house to pick up the oar... Then to Home Depot to get this...


Just the drill, actually. The Chestnut Praline Latte I got from Starbucks. (And now love more than the Pumpkin Spice Latte. It has the aftertaste of Coco Puffs cereal!)

It's a gorgeous drill...


As I was walking out Home Depot, a guy in the parking lot saw me carrying it.

"I bought the same one yesterday," he said. "It's awesome!"

That was a relief to hear.

I got home and collected all my essentials...


I measured out where to place the hooks and marked it with a pencil. I only wanted seven of the hooks on the oar. I decided this was going to be used for my scarves. The jewelry hooks I would figure something else out later.

So I began to drill...


And five minutes later, I was done...


I love it!

Sure, it may seem very simplistic. But for someone who loves using their hands and creating something... This was awesome.


Now to figure out how to hang it on the wall.  But I can already imagine it holding my scarves.


It'll look great hanging up in the closet. And the best part... I made it!

Comments

Jane said…
Hi Heather,

I'm not sure how i got back here but I remember following you years(?) ago when you'd finished Bikram training and now I've been glued to my screen catching up. You've been busy!

Just wanted to wish you all the best in your new town and your new home. I can't wait to see the finished result. It looks and sounds like it's going to be amazing! Take care.

Popular Posts