Renovation: Drywall Inspection PASSED!

Things are moving quickly now!

All of the drywall is up... And has been inspected. According to my contractor, next comes "tape, mud seams and texture... Gonna start prepping for tile in the bathroom..."

According to him, the hardwood floors are one of the very last things to go in... And estimates we are two to three weeks away from that.

ONLY THREE WEEKS!!!!

Can you imagine?

That puts us at the week of Thanksgiving, though. So we'll just assume it's really four weeks away, to play it safe.

I was surprised they got the drywall done already. This place looks like a home now...


I'm looking forward to my entry table and my wine fridge going in this space. The wine fridge will be built into the cubby space... And will have custom shelves on top of it. The entry table is going against the wall, where I had originally planned for my TV to be. 

But now, the TV is going here...


And you can really get a feel for how the space it laid out for it. There will be custom shelves and cabinets put into the bottom half of this space. The top half will actually have a custom flat panel brought forward to place the TV against. It's big enough for a 50-inch TV... And you can see where the Cat6 and cable outlet have already been carved out in the wall.

SWEET!

Speaking of "sweet"... They've kept the paint job from long ago on the patched section in the kitchen. It's going to be covered up with tile soon. But it's a sweet reminder of what was originally there...


Soon this will be filled with custom cabinets and a concrete countertop...


The ceilings and the walls are all being redone. They are being re-plastered and smoothed out.


I do need to think about art to put here...


This was originally a walk way for the second entrance into the only upstairs bathroom. It's been closed off... And behind that wall are the toilet for my now master bath and the space where we extended the walk-in closet.


It's all kinds of exciting for me... Imagining what this place will look like in a few short weeks.

Time to start thinking about furniture to go in this space...


This is the new closet in the guest room... The old obscenely large closet having been sacrificed to the new upstairs bathroom. It's a good-sized closet... And the room continues to be quite large despite this addition.

Next on my To Do list: PAINT!

I have to... HAVE TO... Nail down paint colors this weekend. That's only a week and a half to two weeks from happening. It happens before the floors go in... So...

Time to revisit the paint colors.  :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am currently having anxiety over paint. Up to 7 samples so far. Oh and I just fired the painters I hired. Disaster. -Rhodes
Me said…
LOL! You are having the dilemma my ex had... Which led to us only painting two rooms.

The reality is that paint can easily be changed out. Sure, it's a pain to do it yourself. But it is an easy change.

My advice is go with your gut. Don't overthink it.

Popular Posts