Renovation: Putting Those Walls Back Up.

I popped by the house while out voting today. As I pulled up into the driveway, I could hear power tools going at it with all of the doors closed.

It was loud. But clearly, work was getting done.

Lots of work!

Drywall is going up this week... And that means I have walls again!

They got the first floor powder room sealed up nicely...


You can tell where the sink will be going. The toilet is going just to the right of the sink.

And on the opposite side of the wall will be the linen closet...


On the other side of this wall - as you can see looking into the linen closet - is the living room.

They were busy putting the drywall up in the ceiling and in my "wine bar" space...


And in the kitchen, they were sawing out the drywall around the picture window and door...


Upstairs, my office finally has a closed-off space. Now I can think about what to put against this wall...


And on the opposite side is the bathroom.... Which I can now say feels like a bathroom...


The master bathroom I love. It feels so big!


You walk into the bathroom, and if you turn left from the doorway, you head into my walk-in closet...


I was showing one of my neighbors the space yesterday. He was surprised by the size of the closet.

"It goes all the way back now? Wow!"

Deciding to use the balcony-walkway space to extend the closet was a smart move. It also gave me space to add more room for the toilet...


They are expected to be done with the drywall this week. I have to see what happens next. But a big thing this weekend will be going back to the paint store and deciding on colors. At the end of next week the cabinetry goes in... And the appliances get delivered.

(GULP)

It's all happening so fast!

Comments

Popular Posts