Scaring Me Into Taking My Vitamins & Nutrients.

A few weeks back, on one of my drives between Phoenix and San Diego, I was listening to the Joe Rogan Experience podcast (my usual for the long drives) where he was interviewing a doctor for the three hours.

They talked about the importance of taking in the proper vitamins and nutrients each day. And they spent a lot of time discussing head trauma in relation to UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) and MMA (Mixed Martial Arts). 

The conversation was freaking me the hell out.

My take-away was, "I need to be way more diligent about getting these things into my body."

What things?

Here you go...


In the past week, this is the grouping of things I try to be good about taking each morning.


  • 2 Multivitamin (Gummies, because I can't swallow pills)
  • 1 Sublingual B6/B12 tab
  • 20 drops of Cranberry Extract (diluted in two ounces of water)
  • 20 drops of Turmeric (diluted in two ounces of water)
  • 1 spoonful of Liquid Fish Oil (tastes like lemon oil)
  • 1 spoonful of Probiotic (tastes like strawberry yogurt)


I also - at some point in the day - drink a cup of hot water with some m=Manuka honey and lemon in it.

What's all of this do?  Well, the vitamins are obvious.

The Fish Oil is a healthy fat. Omega-3! The probiotic is to gain good bacteria in your gut. The cranberry if to ensure a healthy urinary tract. The turmeric is to keep inflammation in the body down. The Manuka honey and hot water combo is for keeping the body healthy and clean.

Trying to keep my brain as fit as possible. And my body as "at ease" as possible on the inside.

Like I said, that podcast scare the crap out of me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
doctors know nothing about vitamins and supplements and are indoctrinated by the pharmaceutical companies. you got pluto in 8th, research the subject:)

Popular Posts