The $5 Merlot.

It. Has. Been. A. Long. Week.

It was productive. But this weekend finds me arriving home (after a six and a half hour drive, because my car's navigation system insisted that the I-10 West route through Blythe, rather than veering down the 85 South to Yuma was faster - IT LIED) to having to run a number of errands... Dealing with a some house renovation stuff... And having to plow into a massive work project that I haven't been able to make any headway on in the past week and a half because, well... a number of reasons. Mostly due to other work things.

So now that I am safely tucked inside my little cottage near the beach, and don't have to drive, I am in need of this...


Not just any glass of wine... But a lovely glass of California Merlot from the $5 Trader Joe's brand.

It wasn't so much a desire to be "frugal" that entered in my decision to buy it... It was more my curiosity. "What would it taste like?"

Hmm...


Smells good...

Hmm...


Letting it dance around my mouth...


It's tasty! Tannic. But tasty.


It's a solid weekday wine... If you're like me and like to have one at the end of the day, with dinner. 

And it is only going to add $5 to my weekly grocery bill.

Comments

Popular Posts