Healthy Dish For The Weak: Earl Grey-Infused Oatmeal.

I've always loved oatmeal. It was always a blank slate that you could dress up. Others may find it a "necessary evil" health-wise... But it's always had great potential for me.

Especially when you discover quick ways to add some variety to it.

And while perusing Pinterest, I rediscovered a recipe I'd tucked away in a board a few months back...


Earl Grey-Infused Oatmeal.

I didn't bother looking closely at the recipe. I've made oatmeal thousands of times in my life at this point (instant, slow-cooked, steel-cut...) that I knew exactly how to get the end result that I was craving.

It starts with one Earl Grey tea bag...


You cut it open and pour it into a small sauce pan filled with 2/3 cup of coconut milk (though you could use regular milk if you like).


You let it heat up, but not come to a boil. I didn't have it all the way on "High" on the stove. You don't want it to burn. You want it to just start to simmer, then take it off the stove.

The color should be a pale brown from the tea flecks perfuming the milk...


You pour it over a single serving (packet) of oats in a bowl, and let it sit for a few minutes.


Once it is well-soaked, stir it up.  It looks divine.

I still have a bit of the homemade granola I made a few months back (also using oats)... And decided to dump that on the oatmeal for texture.


It is yummy...


Perfect for when you're dealing with a polar vortex.

And even perfect when you're not... But instead, in sunny Southern California, where you can still wear shorts and flip flops.

Comments

Popular Posts