A Dizzying Bikram Class.

Oh tonight was not a pretty night in Bikram. Not pretty at all.

No, I wasn't dehydrated. In fact, I didn't feel much a need to drink water in class because all I had eaten at work today was raw veggies and water. But I had dizzy-spell after dizzy spell during class.

It started in Standing-Head-to-Knee pose. I was able to get put my forehead to my knee and hold still for a few seconds. Then I fell out and saw blackness. I was breathing steady, but everything went black and I fell to my knees. Hands shaking. Breath steady.

I got up again for Standing Bow Pulling pose. This is one of my best poses. But again, I saw blackness and fell forward. This happened all throughout the rest of class. I had to struggle to do one full set of a posture.

I knew what it was... I had had it before... It was low blood pressure. Or at least that is what it felt like. I couldn't even lay on my back in Savasna without seeing blackness. I had to lay on my side.

Tomorrow will be better though. I am sure.

Comments

Lindy B said…
Sorry to hear about this tough class. But you got through it and even did at least one set of each posture. That's a feat in an of itself, sometimes. Way to go, Missus.
Yikes. That's kinda scary. I always get a little woozy and fuzzy around the edges when I stand up after the final savanasa. You're a tough cookie for fighting it out and staying in the room!
Anonymous said…
Salow64@yahoo.com....drop me a line when you have time. LGIII
bikramyogachick said…
I agree with Hannah! You're tough to stick it out. I've seen gray spots but never total blankness. Scary!
Stacie Jean said…
Wowza! Hope you are feeling better.

Hey - are you still having trouble with your skin? If so, have you tried 100% Tea Tree Oil as a treatment? I'd love to hear if it works for you.
Nichole M said…
Yikes! I hope you recovered quickly from that.

Also, I just had to comment becuase I've been reading your blog for quite some time and wondering about this whole bikram thing. Well, I finally tried it and am on day 6 of a 30 day challenge. I would be grateful if you could occasionally stop by my blog and leave tips and pointers as I start my bikram journey!

http://mythoughtfulspot.typepad.com

Popular Posts