Healthy Dish For The Weak: Miso Baked Cod.

This is my new favorite dish of all time.

I've had it a few times at a local organic restaurant here in Yorkville. But the last time I had it, it wasn't as fab as it could be. So when I found myself craving it earlier today, I decided that I wasn't going to drag The Husband back to the restaurant... Instead, I would make it myself.

Looks great, no? It tasted even better than the one I had in the restaurant. And I made it all myself in about 30 minutes! It could not have been easier...


Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon of white miso
  • 3/4 pound of cod
  • 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
  • 1/2 a lemon
  • 1 teaspoon of low-sodium tamari sauce
  • 1 tablespoons of honey
  • 1 teaspoon of sea salt
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Wash the fish in the lemon juice and salt. Rinse under cold water and pat dry. Place in baking dish.
  3. Mix miso, honey tamari and ginger in a bowl... Till it forms a paste. Spread paste all over the top of the fish.
  4. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
  5. Then broil for another five minutes.
It is then ready to eat!

I served it with roasted asparagus (which I had in the oven with the fish) and some quinoa with sesame oils and scallions.

This was a very healthy and tasty meal. I will absolutely be making it again, as The Husband liked it as much as I did. And that is rare.

Comments

Popular Posts