We Sure Are Growing Up Fast Here On Walton's Mountain...

I think most people know I haven't owned a car in almost nine years. Not since I lived in Arizona. Since moving east, I've never lived in a city where I needed a vehicle. And we still don't technically need one now that we are in Toronto. We live right in town. The subway is a five minute walk away. I take that to and from work. The Husband takes the bus to work every day, which he picks up right around the corner.

Yet... We bought a house with a two-car-garage. So we felt obligated to acquire a vehicle of some kind. And since we like to be practical with some purchases (not shoes, bags, jeans or other clothes), we found a four year-old Toyota Camry to get.

We're all growed up!

The Husband drove me to work yesterday morning... Just because he could. Here's a picture I snapped of him driving the car away after he dropped me off...

We went back to taking public transportation to work again today. Being driven to work by my husband is just weird. I don't think I will ever be able to see driving a car as an "every day thing."

Unless I move back to Arizona.

Comments

Vanessa said…
NICE! The Camry is a great pick as far as reliability, maintenance costs and fuel economy, but I'm sure you knew that already!
Me said…
LOL! We did. While I love VWs and would have loved a Passat or Jetta... I actually come from a long line of Toyota purchasers. The Husband does too.
bikramyogachick said…
It's funny because I've never lived anywhere that I didn't need a car. Have been in Vegas the last 17 years, and boy is everything spread out! I think it would be cool to live somewhere that I didn't need the expense of a vehicle! Good pick on the toyota. I have a toyota solara convertible. Love it!
Rachel said…
Congrats on your new car! Camry's are fantastic!
Yates said…
While I love VW's when they breakdown they are expensive to repair. I miss not having a car and rely on public transportation. If I lived in a larger city it wouldn't be so awful. I really enjoy your blog girl.
Me said…
Aww! Thanks so much Yates!

Popular Posts