Domestically Challenged.

I love my husband. Really, truly, I do. But I must confess...

He is "domestically challenged."

There have a been a few things he has done over the years that make me go, "Why the hell didn't you know that?!?!"

There was time he kept trying to heat soup in the microwave and wondered why it wasn't heating up. I looked in the microwave to discover that he was using a METALLIC bowl. And of course, the "micro waves" bounce of metallic stuff... Thus not being absorbed by what is in it and heating up the space around it instead.

Then, there was the incident this evening...

It was The Husband's turn to clean the kitchen after dinner. We bought this new house a few months back, and it came complete with kick ass kitchen appliances. Including a sweet Miele dishwasher. However, about two months ago we noticed that it would occasionally leak bubbles and stop suddenly. We couldn't figure out why it was doing it. But it would work half the time. So we just decided to "roll with it." Well, tonight I finally figured out WHY it was leaking.

The Husband goes to load the dishwasher. He gets all the dishes in it. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see him reach for the dish washing soap. You know, the kind you use hand wash the dishes.

"Um," I start, "You're not putting that in the dishwasher, are you? Please tell me you are not."

He looks confused.

"Yes," he informs me. "This is what I always use because you haven't bought the regular stuff we use."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

"The AUTOMATIC dish washing soap is in the cupboard to the left of the dishwasher," I enlighten him. "That's where it has always been. It's next to the paper towels and garbage bags you get from that same cupboard."

I then educate him...

"THIS is why the dishwasher has been leaking! When you use this liquid, it bubbles more. And it leaks. Don't ever, ever, EVER use this in the dishwasher!"

Then, because I really need to make sure I am covering all my bases with him, I tell him...

"Oh. And don't ever put this soap in the washing machine either. It will leak and push bubbles out too."

Comments

Duffy Pratt said…
For most of us, its just a ruse to get you all to give up on having us do any chores at all.
Me said…
LOL!

I thought that at first too, Duffy. But eventually I realized he has no idea what he is doing.
That Girl! said…
I love Human! He's a good man for trying.

We have a Miele vacuum that I love.
Yates said…
Ha ha! So awesome. A friend of mine did the same thing once. It was so cute cause she had no clue.
bikramyogachick said…
Holy crap did I just have a good laugh! Did he look like a deer in headlights when you were reprimanding him??? tee hee hee!!!
Meaghan said…
That's funny...it reminds me of when I asked my husband to go buy some dish soap (to do dishes with). He came back with antibacterial hand soap instead and insisted it was the same stuff.
Anonymous said…
we were having a party. The morning of the party I asked the hubs to go to the market and pick up a fruit plate for desset. Sounds easy, right? He came home with small paper plates with a "fruit" pattern on them.
Before I said anything, he proceeded to tell me what a hard time he had finding the right thing.
Laura
Me said…
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

I think that may be far funnier than my two scenarios!!!
bikramarian said…
This is hilarious, as is Laura's fruit plate story. You can't really get mad at them though. I'll give an A for effort.
Dan said…
Details, details.

You should see how I fold laundry.

Popular Posts