Luxury Travel Bags.

I don't check luggage anymore. I think most of us avoid it if possible. I have been on so many trips this year alone that I have had a lot of opportunities to perfect my carry-on luggage packing skills.

And I finally got around to buying my dream carry-on suitcase... So I make damn sure to get a lot of use out of it when I travel.

However, because one is allowed to take one carry-on in addition to one personal item, being strategic about what that one personal item is and what you can cram into it are essential. Just any purse/handbag/tote will do. I dream of someday being able to afford the ultimate luxury travel bag...


An Hermes Birkin. Perfect for fitting everything you need into it. But you really need to be able to afford the First Class ticket to go along with it as well. Sitting in Coach with a Birkin really is just wrong.

This would also be perfect for the day when you finally get your dream assignment to visit Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands. But my invite seems to have gotten lost in the mail, or so it appears. (Ahem, Frogger.)

Though, I came across this one online today and found it to be divine and stylish...



The Celine leather and canvas tote. You could get easily transition it between Coach and First Class.

But if you're like me, and you always rock Coach class... Perhaps this is the best bag for you...



It's the Lululemon Classic Gym Bag. And it is perfect for travel!

I picked this up back in the summertime as my regular yoga bag. But after I bought it, I quickly discovered that it is wonderful for traveling. It has a section for a laptop. There are all kinds of pockets to tuck in books, moisturizers, vegan energy bars, noise-reduction headphones, extra batteries... You name it. And where you normally shove your yoga mat is where I like to strap in a sweater and scarf for me to wear on the plane.

Genius!

Plus, you get more use out of it by using it as your actual gym/yoga bag when you aren't hopping from international flights, to charter flights, to ferry boats to helicopter flights to Necker Island.

(Seriously Frogger... Hook a sista up! Hope you have fun without your travel buddy!)

Comments

Yates said…
Ahh the Birkin. It is gorgeous, but your probably right about rocking one when your riding coach. I like the like the Foley bag that you featured awhile back is another good one to travel with.
I was once on a crowded Air Tran flight from Baltimore to Boston. The plane was late, babies were crying, total mess. I look over and the woman across the aisle was holding a Birkin on her lap. I couldn't stop staring at at thinking 1) OMG that's a Birkin, and 2) What the hell is she doing on this plane, that bag deserves so much more!

Given that it weighs more than 10 pounds (leather lines with leather) throw in a Macbook and you may need some serious shoulder surgery when ou step off that plane!

I think you are better off with the lulu!
Allie said…
I bought a plaid Burton suitcase awhile ago and will never check baggage again. And I splurged on a purse that fits my Air, but works for every day. It was just a discount store find, but it works for me and I plan to keep it forever.
biancaaa said…
I own the Lululemon bag and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Have used it as a weekender a number of times and it's my yoga bag always.

Popular Posts