How To Wash Your Hands.

A few weeks back, I wrote about the OCD girl at work who obsessively washes her hands. (Chill the eff out people! I am not making fun of her... Even though I SHOULD be.) The girl, seriously, stands there and washes her hands in boiling hot water and a ton of soap for about five minutes.

I wouldn't care except that for a few weeks there we only had one working sink in the bathroom. And when you need to wash your hands, and OCD girl is standing there for minutes on end, it is annoying. And I will not hesitate to give her a "hurry the eff up bi-atch!" look.

Well, I am thinking that maybe HR got complaints about her.... Because this week there are directions on how to wash your hands posted in the bathroom...

(Actually, I think they posted these because the Swine Flu is going around. But lets make it about Crazy Hand Washing Girl.)

According to these instructions, you wash your palms together, around each finger, the back of each hand and then the thumbs. Then you rinse under the water... And turn the water off with a paper towel.

With the exception of turning the faucet off with a paper towel, I actually do all this. Takes me about 40 seconds.

It's kind of sad these needed to be posted... Whether your wash them too long or not long enough.

Comments

Bayjb said…
I kid you not, there is a sign in my work's bathroom stall that reminds me to flush. I guess people forgot to do so too often?
Anonymous said…
This girl is suffering from a serious mental illness, which affects her life every minute of every day, while it effects yours for about five every so often.

Why SHOULD you be making fun of her? Whats funny about it? If you had the same problem, would you appreciate people giving you dirty looks and making fun of you?

As someone who has suffered this illness myself, I understand how hard it is to go about your day in public. Poor girl. It's a few minutes of your life. Put it in perspective.
Me said…
Trust me Anon... I myself have small OCD tendencies too. I know that this is a legitimate disease. However, it is not one I am going to be very compassionate about when it disrupts the hygeine practices of everyone who doesn't have these issues.
Anonymous said…
I would doubt it actually makes a a significant difference to your hygiene practices.I'm guessing you can still wash, brush, and groom as usual, save the occasional 5 minute wait to wash your hands every so often. I guess it would be different if she were standing in your shower every morning...

Popular Posts