I'm Trying To Be More Fashionable...

Jeans and yoga clothes. That is pretty much all I live in these days.

I wear jeans to work almost every day. For the past five years (almost) I have worked places that allow us to wear jeans every day, and I take advantage of it. Then, when I'm not working, I live in yoga pants and yoga shorts. Whether I am in a hot studio, at the gym or lounging around at home. Yoga pants are a my staple, just as jeans are.

This week though, for work, I decided to kick it up a notch... I had an industry event thingy I had to go to. And I could have worn my "jeans and blazer" combo. But instead, I decided to go with one of my rarely seen dresses...

  • Vince dress
  • Sergio Rossi boots
  • Wolford tights
  • Ted Baker blazer
I actually like this look. I wasn't so sure of the combo with the blazer and boots at first... But looking back on it a few days later, I really like it.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to dress like this every day?

Comments

Bayjb said…
I relate a lot to this post. Ever since my company moved to a jeans dress code, I seem to only wear that and feel like I've gotten a little slubby-looking. I need to take your cue here.
thedancingj said…
LOL. You're better off than me. These days, jeans ARE dressing up...
That Girl! said…
Nothing will change how I feel about jeans. BUT I wear dresses in the store all the time and people sometimes give me guff about it. I like having a well rounded wardrobe and I support changing it up a bit. Love the outfit!

Love that Ted Baker blazer on you too. I nabbed one for myself as well!
Looks gorgeous! I too have been trying to make more of an effort. You look great!
Me said…
LOL! Thanks guys!
Kara said…
Ugggh I'm so jealous of you being able to wear jeans to work everyday! You're very lucky.

But I must say, that outfit is adorable!
bikramyogachick said…
I'm telling you, that is what drew my attention to your blog in the first place...a bikram yogini with style (I'm so NOT stylish, so I envy you in a good way!)
The ensemble looks very nice! Well done missus!
Jenn said…
I'm definitely dressing on the more comfortable side of the fashion line. My office is very casual. I'm pretty sure if I showed up in a dress people would ask me "who died?"

Of course that doesn't mean I don't wish I had a reason to get more dressed up.

P.S. I'm adding shopping with "The Missus" to my life list. I have a feeling it would be an amazing experience.
Allie said…
That is a great outfit!
Me said…
Aww! Thanks!

Popular Posts