True Restaurant In Yorkville.

The Husband and I finally got around to trying a restaurant in our neighborhood. It is located right next to the apartment building we were temporarily staying in before we moved into the house. It's a healthy/organic restaurant called True.

I don't know why we hadn't gotten around to eating there in our first four months, but once I sat down and looked at the menu, I knew that I would be going back. It is the perfect place to eat for people with a variety of dietary needs. Vegetarian? Vegan? Gluten-free/wheat allergies? Meat lover? They got it all covered at this place.

Here's a look at what we feasted on this evening...

Bruschetta...

My dinner... Miso cod with brown rice risotto and veggies.

Hmm... Fancy squash...

And... This is what The Husband had...

A "sodium bomb," as I called it. Sausage. Salty cheese. Various crispy pork pieces. It was delicious (not as good as my cod and veggies), but it was probably the least healthy thing on the menu

Next time we go, he promised to try something besides pizza.

Comments

Allie said…
Oh wow! I wish we had a place like that around here! I gets challenging to find restaurants where I can eat more than a salad (wheat and I don't get along). That all looks fantastic!

Popular Posts