Style Icon: Liz Lemon!

A new season is damn near upon us, and that means it is time for a new "Style Icon." Emma Watson was hot inspiration for Summer. But for Fall, I am going very geeky. I am going with Liz Lemon...


Please note, not Tina Fey. Though I love Tina Fey... And I am sure her style is exactly that of Liz Lemon's... But Liz Lemon (the character) has a goofy awkwardness to her that hilariously adds to the style. And I love it!

I know some people may think I am on crack, and that Liz is a "Plain Jane." But really, she is far more representative of most women in the working world. I love the "androgynous chicness" she has... Preppy male-inspired pieces mixed with a feminine touch. And besides, 30 Rock is one of my favorite shows these days... So I have to give Lemon her props!

I think out of all the fashion inspirations I have admired in the past few years, Liz Lemon is the one most representative of my personal style.

Comments

thedancingj said…
I just started watching 30 Rock (taking advantage of my new DVR) and I LOVE that girl!!! She's so awesomely awkward. I think my favorite moment so far is when she's singing "night cheese" and eating cheese in her apartment. I was like - THAT is me. And also when she's flirting with that guy and he says "we could go to that Mexican restaurant where you threw up that time," and she very sexily says, "You'll have to be more specific. Ah ha ha!!" I've been laughing at both of those for DAYS.

Popular Posts