The Shaman Says, "You Dream In Spanish."

Last night's dream...

I am walking around at some kind of gathering. There is a Shaman (a medium) there. He is talking to people. He comes up to me and puts his hand on my forehead, because apparently that is how he reads your subconscious. He laughs.

"You dream in Spanish," he says. "Interesting."

And that is all I can recall from the dream.

In dreams, Shamans represent "wisdom" and "superior knowledge." Because they are messengers in real life, they represent the same thing in dreams. A communication between your subconsciousness and your waking life.

Foreign languages are your mind's way of telling you that you "do not understand" something yet.

To reference "dreams" within a dream represents something with your emotional state.

So, my dream is telling me that my mind has some wisdom to share with me about my emotions that I am not understanding?

Well, duh! Isn't that what dreams are always about?

Comments

Duffy Pratt said…
Where are you getting these one to one correspondences between things that occur in dreams and what they mean or represent?
Me said…
Various online dream dictionaries.

Here is the one I like best:
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Do you think I am completely off in my interpretation of this one???
Duffy Pratt said…
When it comes to dream interpretation, I don't think there is a right or wrong? But I'm very skeptical of any book that gives one to one correspondences between things in dreams and their meanings. Assuming that stuff in dreams is symbolic in the first place, I tend to think that the symbols are much richer than the dictionary can give you.

Why shaman? Why not priest, or witch doctor, or savant, or wizard? How did you identify the person as a shaman and what did it mean to you. The feeling of the forehead. To me, that sounds very much like taking a temperature, or testing for health. But you didn't seem to make that connection, so I'm probably wrong.

Also, how did you feel about the dream? That' would probably be the first step in anything having to do with dream interpretation.

Also, to a certain extent, I think dream interpretation is simply trying to find a signal in a bunch of noise. The signal we end up finding might simply be something of our own creation. So, in the end, the dream doesn't really matter.

Popular Posts