Excitement Over TIFF.

The neighborhood The Husband and I moved to here in Toronto is in a part of town that has some nice hotels in it. So nice they are that a lot of celebrities stay at them during the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).

The streets around us are crowded with teeny boppers, paparazzi and celebrity watchers. And this is all just a block and a half away from us. But our street is removed from the main "drag" where the hotels are. We are tucked into a street off the main one, and we usually don't get a lot of traffic going down our one-way street... Till tonight.

There are a lot of stragglers walking down our street tonight. I was up in my office working on some things when I heard a loud crowd outside cheering. I looked out the window to the Italian restaurant down and across our street and saw a number of black SUVs with tinted windows had pulled up outside. Flash bulbs were going off one right after the other and cops were performing crowd control duties.


I went downstairs to get The Husband.

"Someone is eating at Sotto Sotto," I tell him.

"Should we walk outside and see what is going on?" he asked.

"Like duh," I say. "Why do you think I have my shoes on and my iPhone in hand already?"

We walked the maybe 100 feet to the corner and looked across to the crowd. We couldn't see anything. A cop car pulled up and parked right in front of us. The police officer got out and asked us if we wanted to take his picture.

I laughed.

"No," I said. "But who is it that is over there right now?" He had obviously been called in for extra security.

"It's a famous woman," he smiled.

I give him a dirty look. That's when the woman next to me speaks up.

"Is it Oprah?" she asks.

The cop just smiled. Then he quietly nodded and crossed the street.

"Cool!" I said to The Husband. "Let's walk around the block to the hotels and see if any other stars are coming out to play."

We walked around, but didn't see anyone else this time. Just a large crowd of people hanging out in front of The Hazelton Hotel and The Four Seasons. Earlier today, though, I did see a few celebrities while walking on the street...
I hit the 9am Bikram class this morning, hoping I would see some celebs in class. I know a few have already been there to practice this week. Maybe tomorrow?

TIFF will be going on for the next week, so I am sure I will plenty other celebs. Still hoping I see Clooney and Matt Damon.

Fingers crossed....

Comments

Vanessa said…
That is a great celebrity sighting if you ask me. I'd love to have the chance to say hello to Oprah.
SB said…
Ooh, you live in a great neighborhood! I ate at Sotto Sotto once while in Toronto on business and it was fabulous. Best sole dish I have ever eaten.

Popular Posts