The Seasons Of The Starbucks.

Starbucks is right across the street from my building here at work. Just like it was in Boston. And that can mean trouble.

However, I actually have to cross a busy street with a street light to get to it. So it does make it less appealing to go to multiple times a day, like in Boston... Where all I had to do was step 20 feet away from the lobby door, and there it was.

Anyway... I am such a Starbucks fiend that I have now discovered exactly how tuned my body is into the Starbucks season... This morning, September 1st, I woke up at about 5:30am randomly thinking, "Oh I am craving a Pumpkin Spice Latte. It is kinda chilly out, and that means the PSLs will be available soon."

I put the thought out of my head, and went back to sleep for another hour. I woke up, got ready for work, and the headed out the door to get to the subway. On my walk over, I checked my Twitter streams and saw that a friend in Florida had something to say about PSLs...

"Our @Starbucks insider tells us Pumpkin Spice Lattes are now available!!!"

"Holy hell!" I thought. "My subconscious just KNEW these were available! It has been trained for the past seven years and just knows when these are going to be available!"

I, of course, decided to indulge in one this morning.



But I promise, unlike last year, I will only indulge in these treats once a week. But to keep me on track, I will establish the side-bar counter to count each one I have.

Comments

Dan said…
I still have the short walk. But I'm easy - grande bold. And when it's hot - an iced grande.
Oh, I love them! It's still a bit to warm for me. Come october it's ON!!!

ps do they also use the crappy soy up there or do you still get the good stuff? That may be another reason to move to Toronto!
thedancingj said…
Oh damn you. Now I have a totally irrational Starbucks craving! I am SO susceptible to the power of suggestion. You should see me watching commercials. I'll see a commercial for the Olive Garden and start cooking pasta 5 minutes later. It's ridiculous...
bikramyogachick said…
Ah, Pumpkin Spice Latte...good stuff!
Lindy B said…
This morning I was totally wishing for my income to be just a tad bit higher so I could afford a latte more than, oh, once a fricken fortnight! This is the kicker and now I'm incredibly even more so tempted...since I spent no money today...I shall invest in a latte tomorrow. And it shall be well deserved. Thanks Missus! :-)
-LB
Vanessa said…
I was so excited to see the pumpkin-spice back on the menu. Paired with a pumpkin scone and I'm in heaven!

Popular Posts