And by "good book" I mean one that comes from a table like this at your local chain bookstore...
Fashion art books? Female-oriented self-help books? Books about shopping and fashion?
It's like they created this table just for me!
(Sad? Maybe. But "eff you" if you think that.)
Anyhow... I found a new book to pick up on this exact table this evening. And it is one that I had read about a few weeks back...
It's a look at Coco Chanel's life, interwoven with a crash course on style. My favorite parts are the quote from Chanel herself...
- "Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door."
- "Gentleness doesn't get work done, unless you happen to a hen laying eggs."
- "The answer isn't to climb down but to rise higher."
- "How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone."
- "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."
Really, this all sounds like a lesson on how to be a bitch. A fashionable bitch, though.