The Gospel According To Coco Chanel.

I am a sucker for a good book.

And by "good book" I mean one that comes from a table like this at your local chain bookstore...


Fashion art books? Female-oriented self-help books? Books about shopping and fashion?

It's like they created this table just for me!

SQUEE!

(Sad? Maybe. But "eff you" if you think that.)

Anyhow... I found a new book to pick up on this exact table this evening. And it is one that I had read about a few weeks back...



It's a look at Coco Chanel's life, interwoven with a crash course on style. My favorite parts are the quote from Chanel herself...
  • "Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door."
  • "Gentleness doesn't get work done, unless you happen to a hen laying eggs."
  • "The answer isn't to climb down but to rise higher."
  • "How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone."
  • "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."
Really, this all sounds like a lesson on how to be a bitch. A fashionable bitch, though.

Comments

bikramyogachick said…
Hey Missus...I just did a blog post about awesome bloggers, and you, of course are mentioned.
Thank you thank you thank you for being such an inspiration! I love your blog. smooches.
http://bikramyogachick.blogspot.com/2009/09/bonus-post-blogosphere.html
Me said…
Awww! Thanks Chick!!!
amandadawn said…
Well, in stark contrast, I tried reading a book a while back called Kiss My Tiara: The art of being a smartmouth princess, and it was TERRIBLE! (I mean, who wouldn't want to read that book, based on the title? Not that I need help, but still). The book was awful and I couldn't get through it. Perhaps I'll pick this one up instead.
Me said…
LOL! "Kiss My Tiara"??? That just sounds like a book about "how to be an obvious bi-atch."

This one comes across as a more sophisticated way to achieve that.
Alyson O'Holic said…
Ooooh, sounds right up my alley - thanks for sharing! That woman is quite the inspiration.

You've been added to my "How I waste my time online" list @ alysonoholic.blogspot.com.

Popular Posts