Jo Malone Vanilla Anise: "Smells Like Dr. Pepper!"

Coco Chanel once said, "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future."

I wear perfume often. Every day. But I don't go through it quickly. I buy maybe one new bottle a year to add to my collection. I've had one bottle, which is just now running low, for over four years now.

I am a believer that you only need a few spritzes every morning. Not a whole dousing. And I like to layer various scents together, which helps make my scent more unique and means I need to replace the bottles less often at the store.

For the past four years, I have worn one brand of perfume: Jo Malone. They make fabulous scents that you can mix together. Over the years I have purchased Vintage Gardenia, French Lime Blossom, Pomegranate Noir, White Jasmin and Mint, Honeysuckle, and Orange Blossom. Now I am adding to my collection with their latest and greatest...

Vanilla Anise.


Oh it smells so divine!!!

I was at Holt Renfrew on Saturday, attempting to shop for clothes. But despite my best efforts, I found nothing that appealed to me. (Can you imagine such a thing?) So I wandered over into the make-up section on the first floor (after picking up a little gift for my sister, Red, in the accessories department) and began browsing. I was in need of some new bath gels (Orange Blossom) from Jo Malone. When I got to the counter, though, I got distracted by the new scent they had out.

"Let me spray some on you," said the gentleman working the counter.

"Of course, please do," I encouraged him.

I inhaled the scent he spritzed on my wrist.

"Hmm," I took it in. "It smells just like Dr. Pepper!"

He laughed and told me I was not the first person to say the same exact thing.

"Walk around for a few minutes now," he told me. "This is one scent that reacts differently on certain people. For some, the vanilla notes will come out more. For others, the anise scent will be stronger."

I did as I was told. I went an visited the Shoe section again. (I found nothing there.)

When I came back a few minutes later, the anise scent was stronger. And I loved it. I picked up a bottle of that and my bath gel.

I indeed have a future, Madame Chanel!

Comments

Oooo, I'll have to check that scent out. My bottle of SJP's Lovely is almost kicked anyway. Thanks for the recommendation!
Jen said…
A high school friend of mine used to wear Tresor and I would always think she had opened a can of Dr. Pepper! I'll be on the lookout for the Vanilla Anise, sounds like it would be just spicy enough for fall.

Popular Posts