Yoga Anatomy.

Based on a partial recommendation from another Bikram yogini, I picked up Yoga Anatomy this week in a book store.


It is an illustrated guide to the most commonly practiced yoga poses. It offers anatomical drawings and information about breathing, the postures and one of my favorite parts...


Yoga and the spine!

The entire second chapter is dedicated to the spine, how it works and an explanation of how yoga helps strengthen and work all the pieces. I enjoyed this chapter because of the reasons I initially began practicing Bikram was because of my creaky back. The muscles that run along my spine are much stronger now then they were five years ago when I began hitting the hot studio.

(Eek! It has been five years already?!?!?!)

The rest of the book is dedicated to the anatomical drawings of various poses.



This is a picture of Eagle Pose. I only recently became able to wrap my leg on each side of this pose. It is helpful to get a closer look at what I am working when tangled up in this pose.

If you have a curiosity about your yoga practice, like me, this book is worth picking up from the store. It is an excellent reference book.

Comments

Popular Posts