High Heel Harm: The Only Harm Is Gonna Be When I Kick Your Face In With Them, Asshole.

I came across this article today on MSNBC, "Do high heels empower or oppress women?"

According to one view from the article, "When women wear high heels at work, they send sexual signals that should be avoided if they want to be taken seriously."

Bitch! Say WHAT?!?!

And guess what? That little piece of BULLSHIT was mumbled from the lips of one Dr. Helen Fisher an anthropology professor at Rutgers University. A woman. A woman who clearly has an axe to grind against woman who like wearing (what tend to be) rather feminine pieces. Like fashionable skirts. Gorgeous and flattering blouses. And, yes, HIGH HEELS.

I guess I should cut Dr. Fisher some slack though... She is a professor of studying societies and their fucked up and neanderthal mentality. But I disagree with her completely...

HIGH HEELS DO NOT NEED TO BE AVOIDED... Unless they cause you pain to wear. But please, ladies (and men who like to wear them too), don't avoid them just because you are afraid what others in the work place think. FUCK THEM. If they have a problem with your shoes, you tell them they are going to have a bigger problem with you lawyer when you sue their asses for sexual discrimination.

I find it offensive that people would think a woman wearing high heels (even - GASP - stillettos!) at work is a woman intending to put forth only her sexuality. IF YOU THINK OF SEX WHEN YOU SEE ME WALKING AROUND IN HIGH HEELS... THAT IS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM, NOT MINE.

True story:

The last agency I worked at had a "certain bitch" working in a certain position. This bitch had the nerve to pull me aside one day and tell me that a person who reported into me was "dressing inappropriately" for work. Apparently, they had a problem that with her beautiful to-the-knee skirts and sweaters that showed no cleavage.

"So what was the problem?" you ask?

Well, this team member of mine was a petite girl. A beautiful petite girl who happened to have naturally big breasts. She never once flaunted them. She never once at work showed cleavage. She was ALWAYS stylish and professional with her outfits. Not like this "certain bitch" who would wear jeans and flip flops every day to work. (Though, I can't bitch too much. I wore that too there.) Point is, the team member was being picked on because the HR - oops! - I mean "certain bitch" had an issue with her breasts. Sure, guys in the office gawked after my poor team member. But short of having her breasts cut off, what the hell was she supposed to do?

I swear, it was like junior high all over again. "So-and-so is prettier (and younger) than me. All the guys like her! Let's bully her and see if we can make her cry!"

So, when the "certain bitch" told me I needed to talk to my team member, I told her, "No."

"Until you make a dress code for EVERYONE and tell EVERYONE what they can and can not wear, you have absolutely no justification to speak to my team member about this. In fact, it is sexual discrimination. And I won't hesitate to point that out to her."

Let's just say, from that point on, I was REALLY not liked within the company.

I don't deny I am a bitch when I see pure evil trying to be done in society. And telling women, "high heels make you look whore-y and unserious in the workplace," is pure evil.

And not "evil" like, "Wicked Witch of the West"... No, that's "pedestrian" evil. We're talking "Heathers" evil.



Rant done. Thank you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pffffth.

The ONLY real danger high heels pose is :
- When it gets stuck in between elevators / hole-y floors
- When you buy a size too small and it causes bunions
- When 50 men clamor over each other to get your number
- When you feel oh so sexy and start having too much sex.

That doc's right. High heels ARE dangerous.
amandadawn said…
Hmm, and I think it's interesting to see how I can "command authority" more when I wear heels. Maybe because they're louder than flats? I don't know, but even my boss has mentioned it a few times that I seem more confident--it just so happens on the days I am wearing heels. I think this Doctor is a quack. =)
Anonymous said…
Actually, As a male, I understand that high heels are really a joke. When I see a woman in high heels, who is attractive as well, I just think...sex. I do not see her. I see her with those high heels in the air right in front of my face...sorry, but it is true...too bad if the truth hurts. Almost all men (I said MEN) think this way but like me, they never vocalize it. And yes, we can get past the first impression and come to know that you may well be competent and professional...maybe.

Women who wear flats on the other hand exude a certain self-confidence that simply state they do not need to use sex as a tool to get attention:their skills and prosionalism do that for them.

Anyway, high heels are modern day foot binding. A way for women to scream out loud "I can't get away, my feet are bound and useless".

My wife, who has very pretty feet (not short and stubby) looks great in heels, but, in our 11 year marrige I have never seen her wear them to work and only occasionally wear them out and often wear them in the bedroom.
I love high heels. They say SEX!

Popular Posts