Easy Guacamole Recipe, Step-By-Step.

The Husband and I had our first visitor in the new house this evening... A friend of his from university. So we decided to do a mini Mexican feast for dinner:
  • Grilled steak tacos
  • Wine & Beer (not necessarily Mexican...)
  • Guacamole (made from scratch, as that is the only way I will allow it to be done near me)
I left the grilling part up to the men. But the guacamole was all mine! I know I have written about how great, easy to make and healthy guacamole is for you in the past. But tonight I decided it would be good to illustrate it with pictures...

Step one: Mash up two ripe avocados in a bowl, squeeze a little lemon juice on them. (This keeps it from turning brown through oxidation.)



Step two: Chop up one plum (sometimes called "Roma") tomato and toss into the bowl.



Step three: Mince a jalapeno, after removing the center and all the little white seeds. Add it to the bowl.



Step four: Chop half a red onion and add that to the bowl.



Step five: Mix everything together and serve with tortilla chips.



Of course, you can add in cilantro too. Not everyone likes the cilantro. So when I make this for guests, I usually omit it.

I've seen cilantro be a very polarizing object for people in the past. I prefer to not tempt things.

Seriously though... Guacamole is the easiest thing in the world to make. And it is healthy!!!

No mixes needed. No mayo. No sour cream.

Just nice, healthy veggies.

Comments

amandadawn said…
I make mine the same way, and I swear, I could eat the entire bowl by myself. I do add salt and pepper, though. If cilantro is necessary, I have some fresh from my garden. I just chop it really really fine—it's the texture of the leaf that gets me.
Me said…
LOL!

Go to Trader Joe's and get the ingredients NOW!
kate said…
You should totally get one of these from WS: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/3983806/index.cfm

Then just reverse your steps, so add the chopped onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and squeeze your lemon or lime juice on and mash it all together; it releases the juices in the ingredients which adds extra flavor to your guac. Then mix in your avocado, and lastly your tomato, s&p. You can make it as chunky or not as you want with the pestle.

Seriously, the best guac ever!
bonbonagogo said…
I hate the produce at the Trader.
Dan said…
Why are men considered the grillers?

So instead of asking for directions, we ask "medium or well-done?"

Popular Posts