Tory Burch "Reva" Ballerina Flats.

I went shopping this morning.

I haven't been properly shopping since moving to Toronto three and a half months ago. I hadn't had any desire to really go. Or any need for new things. But that changed earlier this week...

I was getting ready for work and wanted to wear flats. Specifically, black flats. But I soon realized that I no longer owned black flats.

"Where have all my work staples gone?" I asked.

Over the past two and half years, my wardrobe grew into a casual work attire rainbow. And that meant that I acquired almost no business-appropriate clothing. I had plenty of fun flats in various colors... But no black ones.

So a few minutes (about 20) of my morning were spent in the shoe department at Holt Renfrew, buying a new version of one of my staples: Tory Burch matte black flats.


Normally, I am not a fan of super-distinctive logos on things I wear. But the TB "Reva" flats are awesome. I bought my first pair a year and a half ago, in silver. And I then picked up a pair of cranberry patent leather ones last Winter for super-duper cheap. I speak from experience and can tell you that they are very comfortable, but that you much go up a whole size to really feel comfy.

And I love that the logo plate and the shoe are the same black leather... There is no contrast with a gold or silver buckle plate - which would seem a bit juvenile on a 32-year old woman.

Comments

Brian Davis said…
Great post. I know it's old but it is very true about the sizing. I have a mix of Revas. Some are the tumbled leather where the medallion colour matches the rest of the shoe and I also have the silver medallion and gold medallion pairs. Great post, thanks for sharing.

Here's a picture of my collection of Tory Burch flats http://www.flickr.com/photos/39715038@N00/8343699720/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39715038@N00/8421979915/in/photostream/

Popular Posts