Photo Rejuvenation From Bellair Laser Clinic.

A few weeks ago, I began exploring options for acne therapy. Specifically, I wanted to laser therapy. I don't have acne so badly that I need to go on Accutane. But for the past few years, I have had annoying occurrences on my skin that have caused me to seek out all kinds of treatments.

I have tried:
  • Regular facials
  • Chemical peels
  • Glycolic peels
  • Enzyme peels
  • Microdermafusion
  • Cool Laser therapy
  • Retin-A topicals
  • Oral antibiotics
The only things out of the above that worked were the Cool Laser therapy and the oral antibiotics. Everything else just dried out my skin and made the breakouts worse. I hate taking pills, so I decided months back to no longer go with the oral antibiotics. I knew I loved the Cool Laser treatment, but I wanted something more powerful and longer-lasting.

So after some research, I found a spa around the corner that did laser therapy for acne. However, after I called and tried to book an appointment, they informed me that they didn't treat Americans.

"Well, fuck them," I said.

The reviews for them online weren't all that positive anyway. But I know first hand that online reviews can be complete crap. So I had been fully willing to give them a try. But knowing that they are willing to turn down good business, maybe the reviews are right?

Anyhow... I found another local spa that offered the same types of treatments in my neighborhood. And after sitting down with them yesterday, I went in today for my first treatment...


This isn't the typical treatment one gets for acne. It is is usually done on skin that has Sun damage and wrinkles. Acne therapy usually means the Blu-U treatment. But because I have done peels and other treatments in the past that didn't work, they recommended I do a combination of the Photo Rejuvenation and the Blu-U. The Photo Rejuvenation helps regenerate the skin, boosting collagen production and increasing cell-turnover. The Blu-U kills bacteria that leads to acne.

Every three weeks, for the next few months, I will be going in for one or the other.

The only "down time" from either procedure is a slight pinkness to the skin. Though, after today's session, I didn't appear pink at all. I do have to stay out of the direct Sunlight for the next day... But other than that, I appear to be reacting well to the treatment.

Bet you're wondering, "Did it hurt?"

Nope. There was a quick "zap" each time the laser was shot through a section of my skin. And it did make me jump each time... But only because of the sound. It didn't hurt though. And the people at the spa were really nice.

I can't wait to see what kind of effect this treatment has on my skin after a few days!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just curious but have you ever tried homeopathy? Through my teen years, I had acne and nothing seemed to work until I stumbled on Hylands clear skin formula. I hope this new treatment helps but if not, you should give Hylands a try. Good luck...
Me said…
Thanks Anonymous!!!
bonbonagogo said…
I don't understand...in every pic I have ever seen of you, you have very clear skin!
Me said…
Oh no... It's the pale skin... It doesn't show up in photos. Also, a lot of the acne is under the skin... Not on top. So it is bumpy.
Leah J. said…
It sounds like we have kind of similar skin issues (fair tone with kind of persistent issues, not bad enough for Accutane), and I went/am going through the same rigamarole with my dermatologist trying just about everything for the past 10 years or so. I just started a new topical lotion/gel over the weekend, though, and am really pleased with my results so far (seeing results in only a few days is something totally new for me). It's called EpiDuo, and it's a combination of a Differin-type drug and benzoyl peroxide combined in one. It's dried up some of the oil I have going on on my forehead and chin, but hasn't dried to the point of flakiness. You might want to give it a shot if the laser treatments don't work out so well!
Anonymous said…
Sorry I'm a bit confused since all of the links connects to the Bellair laser clinic.. (even the "they didn't treat Americans" one)
Did you end up going to Bellair? or is Bellair the one that turned you down??
Me said…
Sorry! Thank you for pointing that out.... I have updated the link. But for reference, here it is: http://oncommonground.blogspot.com/2009/08/spamedica-toronto-we-dont-service-your.html
Anonymous said…
I have had 3 treatments at bellair laser clinic and I have to say the results were good so far...my skin is fairly pale and still for hair removal the difference has been extraordinary... will keep everyone posted.
Anonymous said…
I have been to bellair laser clinic . They treat all types of skin from very white to black. whether you are american or not it doesnt make a difference. They treat all types of skin and their hair removal technology is really advanced. They are known for hair removal primarily and win the consumer choice award for it. My treatments have been effective ..I hope that helps

Popular Posts