Cranberry Pineapple Juice.

Ew... Cranberry juice. Does anyone really ever like it?

And no, I'm not talking about cranberry juice cocktail... Which is what you usually see stocked on the shelves of grocery stores. Or cranberry juice mixtures... Which are blended with other juices and concentrates, and loaded with sugar. And I am not talking about cranberry juice and vodka drinks...

I am talking pure, 100% unsweetened cranberry juice. Have you ever tried it? It's TART! And tough to get down. But it is so, so, so very good for you.

Possible benefits of cranberry juice:
  • Helps fight heart disease
  • Helps with dental plaque build-up o your teeth
  • Great for the immune system
  • Effective against urinary tract infections

It is so good for you, but so hard to drink down. But I have found one way to get my daily intake of the rouge fruit...

Mix it with 100% pineapple juice!


Yum!

Pineapple juice has many great benefits to your body too, which means you should drink more often as well.

Benefits:
  • Vitamin intake - Lots of C and B1 in there!
  • Manganese - A mineral your body needs for brain and nerve function.
  • Helps with clearing up mucus, which means you should reach for it when you are sick with a cold.
  • Also helps with painful periods.
I am not much of a medicine gal. I don't take over-the-counter pills. I don't like visiting the doctor unless it is absolutely necessary. I like to get the nutrients my body needs from the food I eat. The only exception I make with this is a DHA liquid supplement that I take daily, which gives me the Omega-3 fatty acids that I need.

The ratio I use for the juice is 40% pure unsweetened cranberry juice and 60% pure pineapple juice. It is wonderful and easy to drink.

Comments

I use 100% cranberry juice when I make my favorite smoothies - fresh strawberries, blueberries, 1 banana and frozen raspberries with about 1/2 cup of Northland 100% cranberry juice is SOOOOO good! The fresh fruit and the tart juice complement each other really well.
Me said…
Wow, BFF! That sounds like a really good concoction! Thanks for sharing!
~**Dawn**~ said…
Long story short, I have to drink a small glass of cranberry juice--the real deal, not the sweetened versions--every morning. And every morning, I cringe just a little. (Do not EVER make the mistake of drinking it after brushing your teeth. It puts OJ to shame in the nasty department!) I am *so* going to try this!! I love pineapple juice!

Popular Posts