Blu-U Therapy.

Oh what a vain woman won't do to get rid of acne as the result of hormones gone bad from fertility treatments!

Actually, I wouldn't know what that vain woman WOULDN'T do, as I am doing everything I can to resolve a condition I have been living with for the past TWO years... (Which as I mentioned, is a result of unnecessary fertility treatments from aggressive doctors in Boston.)

I have tried everything-under-the-Sun... Including sitting in the Sun, as I heard that can help with acne... But nothing has worked. What have I tried?
  • Acupuncture
  • Honey & Cinnamon (Works well on non-hormonal acne. Very well.)
  • Microdermafusion
  • Peels
  • Cool laser therapy (Worked well, but not permanent.)
  • Regular facials
  • Diet changes
  • Prescription topical solutions
  • Antibiotics (Worked, but who wants to take a pill every day?)
  • Orthocept (Ditto the above.)
  • Over-the-counter stuff (What a joke!)
  • Proactiv (WHAT AN EVEN BIGGER JOKE! MADE THINGS WORSE!)
  • Ultrasonic Therapy (Worked, but not long-term.)
So what am I up to now? Well, laser therapy.

I mentioned it a few weeks back. And tonight was my second treatment with the doc. They washed my face and then stuck me in a chair with a contraption that folded-over. It was a blue light... The Blu-U light...


That's me sitting under the Blu-U light. Yes, I had to wear goggles to protect my eyes. Hotness, no?

I am alternating treatments of Blu-U with Photo Rejuvenation every three weeks. After the last session, I noticed a change in the type of acne I was seeing. And the pores around my nose shrunk. Immediately after today's session, my skin was very tight and dry. With either session though, I had no pain and there wasn't any down-time.

We will see what this treatment does. I still have four total treatments left to do over the next few months. Fingers crossed that this hormonal mess on my face goes away!

Comments

That Girl! said…
Love the picture.
As a long time acne sufferer I can commiserate. So with all my heart, I say GOOD LUCK!!
Lindy B said…
I'm with you guys on the acne thing...had it my entire life. In college and grad school I used to sit in class, look around at others' skin and compare with mine. Was constantly saddened and embarrassed by not being able to get rid of it.

I think you've mentioned some birth controls in the past - have you tried Nuvaring? Worked for me - been more than two years and I've been mostly acne-free (plus the BC part is effortless). Perhaps it contains the same hormones as other BCs, however. Just wanted to toss it out there in case it was an option for you.

Hope this Blu-U works for you, regardless!!

Popular Posts