Anna Dello Russo: Eccentric Packing Tips.

I love seeing and hearing anything Anna Dello Russo (ADR) does and says.

ADR is an editor for Vogue Japan. She has a long history with Vogue and Conde Nast. And she is a visual and audial orgy of fashion and style. And by that I mean, "She is a bit out of step with the reality of us common folks... But she provides quite a bit creative inspiration and hilariousness."

I don't jive with her personal style. But that is only because I see her as a piece of art, and not a human being. Like other celebrities, she is an example of living art... Meant to provoke and inspire. We're there to observe. Not to directly emulate.

Which is why I it's odd that I find myself agreeing, nearly completely, with her packing tips:

1. The suitcase must be LIGHT as a feather: It's forbidden to pay OVERWEIGHT! Is the only time of year that you can take a holiday from fashion. (Agree that you should pack light. But no holiday from your personal style... Which should be effortless for you.)



2. Is allowed to bring only ONE high heels: Choose it well! (Agree.)



3. BATHING suits a Gò-Gò! (I have no idea what this means.)

4. Don't forget your swim-kit: GOOGLES are personal as reading glasses. (She is right. My Google home page is quite personalized. And I probably wouldn't share GOGGLES with anyone either.)



5. Take an Extra-luggage just for the BOOKS on paper. (Books on paper? This is 2011, lady. And you have an iPad! - See number seven below.)



6. Take care of your BEAUTY-CASE:

UV Protecting Fluid, Moisturizing Gel Cream, Eye Balm Intense, Regenerating Serum, Hydrating Infusion, Cleansing Foam, Oil Absorbing Tonic, Ultimate Sun Protection Cream, After Browning Lotion...


all these are not sharable, you can't borrow from the others, you can't find everywhere. (Agree you can't share. Disagree that you need all this crap.)

7. Update your I-POD,
download all the Apps on the I-PAD. (Absolutely.)



8. Complete your looks with LOCAL
shoes, accessories, jewelry, hats
that you can buy in the place. (Never thought about this before. Not a bad idea.)



9. FLIRT with the mood of the country:
  • Be EXOTIC if you going to Amazon,
  • 
Be ETHNIC if you going to Anatolia,

  • Be MEDITERRANEAN
    if you going to Cartagena
(Sure. I guess. Good to try something new out in other destinations.)



10. It's time to pull out them
FLAT-SOFT-SHOPPING-CASE
that you packed in your suitcase! (Good idea! Though mine is just a recycled shopper bag from Whole Foods, and not a Louis Vuitton.)


Comments

Popular Posts