I Ate Shellfish.

Had lunch with my pals Frogger and Bail here in Boston, to celebrate the 4th of July.

A little bit about Frogger and Bail: They're foodies.

And not faux foodies. Like proper, real foodies. It's all about the food. And this encompasses so much more than the solid stuff. It also encompasses the liquid stuff; meaning alcohol and wine.

This entails eating at a VARIETY of restaurants/food carts in a VARIETY of countries. They are no snobs. They will flock to where the food and drink is legitimately spectacular. And if they get there and it's not, they'll politely eat and never go back.

So tonight - my first real night back with them since AUGUST 2010 - we went to the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Boston for cocktails at Rumba. Afterwards, we went to the Sea Grille at the Boston Harbor Hotel.

Now, a little but about me: I don't do seafood.

I lived in Boston for six years... And I never once ate shellfish or a lobster. Now that I am back visiting this weekend, and I was sufficiently lubricated off of two cocktails (I'm a light-weight!), I decided to be adventurous.

I ordered the lobster.


And yes, I ate it. Well, most of it. I could only get 2/3 of it down, because it was so big.

And you know what? It was delicious!!!!

It helped that it was extremely fresh. Caught just a few hours before being served to me. I would never eat lobster outside of Boston or Maine., as I just can't guarantee it's freshness.

But holy shite! It you know me... You understand how this is a HUGE deal - me eating shellfish. It's a BFD.

Comments

Frogger said…
I feel like we've passed a huge mile-marker with you this weekend. Wait until you get to Asia...

Wait, did you call me a lush in this blog post?

Popular Posts