Just Getting To Yoga Class...

... is becoming impossible lately.

Even though full time in Canada is technically 35 hours (according to immigration paperwork I have filled out for people on the team) and we require people only put 37.5 hours in their time sheets... I still find myself getting roped into something at the end of each day that does one of the following:
  • Prevents me from getting to class
  • Exhaust me mentally, making going home and sleeping the only thing I have energy for.
I was hoping things would settle down in the past few weeks. There is still hope. But getting to a Bikram class to practice at the end of the day is rarely possible. My average is once a week lately.

And that is sad. Especially because I am a teacher.

So, last night I made the decision that I would take a cab all the way downtown - near my work - and practice in the 6:30am class at the studio I don't teach at.

Normally, I prefer to stick to my own studio, because I like putting in practice "face time" with the students. But we don't have the early morning classes, so it is harder to get in a practice there.

I discovered that I am more likely to come all the way downtown and practice first thing in the morning, rather than trying to do it at the end of the day. Insane, I know. But my spine is desperate.

And don't even get me started on my inner peace.

Comments

gamebred said…
ive always found that the later in the day i put my practice time the less likely ill go. plus those 6am classes are a whole new outlook on bikram. man are you tight. plus i find those classes really help motivate me to be hydrated the previous day.
Me said…
True story!

My spine was so creaky today. But really helps you push things to a new level.
Anonymous said…
I'm having the same problem and I'm getting desperate to get into the room! I'm going to get up and go early tomorrow. It's the only way I can get there. Ugh, but getting up at 5:15 might kill me. I'm so afraid of being tired that night.

Rebecca
Elisa said…
I did the 6:30s for a while when my teaching schedule was crazy. I tell you, it was a royal pain to get there, but after that dreamy class ended I'd be at the top of my game all day. Little tired at the end of the day, maybe, but soooo worth the early, momentary inconvenience of gettin' up ass-early in the morning to make it. Kudos.
Kat said…
haha dont get me started on MY inner peace!

Popular Posts