Louis Vuitton Damier Bags.

I most likely will never own a Louis Vuitton bag. Sure, I could scrimp and save up for one. But they just aren't my style. Most of them are far too easily recognized on the street. And while they are well-crafted and beautiful, they are too sophisticated for my personal taste.

But there are many women in Toronto who feel differently.

I started my day off this morning with my usual Saturday latte from Seven Grams Espresso and reading the NY Times Style section online. And in this week's "On the Street" page and video feature by Bill Cunningham, he showed us how a huge trend in bags right now (in NYC - but clearly here in Toronto too) is the Louis Vuitton Damier print bag.




Since it is Summer, it is the Damier Azur Canvas bag that women seem to be preferring. This is the ivory and silvery-grey checked color. But there are many women I have seen carrying the Winter version of the bag, in (what Mr. Cunningham describes as) milk chocolate and espresso checked color.

After watching the video this morning, as I went about my day I noticed these bags EVERYWHERE. I hadn't really paid too much attention to them until after the piece. But it really reinforced how I feel about most Louis Vuitton bags...

Not for me.

I am a huge fan of trends. I love playing around with them. But this is one I will never subscribe to. Like nearly all Louis Vuitton bags, they are just too sophisticated for me.

Comments

Marzz said…
Not my taste either, and majority of the LV bags on these streets are counterfeit. So wrong.

Popular Posts