John Derian Jolly Roger.

About 9 years ago I had the fortune opportunity (redundant?) to participate in a unique sale of wonderful goods… Which I came out of with a specific taste for whimsical and silly decoupage things…

John Derian things.

I picked up this little gem in NYC today. I was walking around Grand Central Terminal and passed what I thought was just a stationary store. But a plate with a pretty bird caught my eye…

"I know that print," I said to myself. "The glass overlay. Bet there's velvet underneath. Must be John Derian."

So I popped in and flipped the plate over… Yep. It was a JD. And that's when I noticed that merchandised within all the stationary offerings were other JD goodies. Some small. Some large. All pricey.

"I have to get this one with the skull and crossbones," I convinced myself. "I can't find these in Toronto."

The one place that I found that does sell them in Toronto doesn't have a good variety of prints. Plus, they're expensive. So it makes more sense to buy them in the states than in Canada. No large HST. Plus variety of prints.

Done deal!

Traveling, for me, is dangerous to my pocketbook. Imagine if I lived in NYC… I'm sure my JD collection would begin to border on obscene.

Comments

Popular Posts