You Can't Always Be The Pilot, I Guess.

I know, I've been a writing machine this weekend.

This is what happens when you make a decision and relief sets in... What also happens, though, is your subconscious works on reaffirming this decision with some wack-tastic dreams.

Last night's dream...

I was on an airplane, one of the regular commercial ones. Only instead of sitting in a seat, I was sitting at a desk in the plane. And instead of having pilots fly the plane, it was my team members flying the plane. I am pulling pins out of packages at my desk, but carefully, as to not spill them everywhere. That's when I start to feel small turbulence - light ones - on the plane.

I get up to go and check on the team, but decide, "They're only small bumps. And this is bound to happen. No big deal." So instead, I go in search of the bathroom. I find it, just as it always is on regular planes, next to one of the airplane's main doors. But as I try to fully close the bathroom door, I see that it tugs on the main door... Which starts to open.

"Ugh!" I say in frustration. "They didn't check the main doors before we took off. Now we are in flight, and we won't be able to close the bathroom door completely. Annoying."
And then, I wake up.

I was telling The Husband about this dream this afternoon, on our Sunday stroll. I was explaining to him that I need to have a "no talking to me for five minutes after I wake up because if you do, I will forget my dream" rule. And then I went on to tell him about my dream from last night.

He laughed. And agreed that dreams really do help reinforce - on in some cases, inform - what is going on in your life... And how your brain is interpreting it.

The message in the dream is obvious. Little annoyances. But overall, nothing to worry about.

Comments

Popular Posts