Scrunchies In Public.

The last time I wore a scrunchy in public, I'm not sure it even counted as "public."

It was during second year of university, right before I cut off all my hair. But everyone knows that what you wear to and from classes in university isn't really "public." I mean, so often you'd just roll out of bed 20 minutes before your class started, brush your teeth and tie your hair back in a scrunchy. Then you were all set to go to class.

By the time I cut off my hair, started a newsroom internship and was well into my final two years, I no longer did the scrunchy thing. It was dated. And I was trying to mature myself and show the world, "I am ready to be taken seriously."

So the last time I wore a scrunchy in public was about 14 years ago. And like all trends, good and bad, it seems that the scrunchy is making a comeback.

Please take note... Hillary Clinton getting off a plane in a lovely blue suit with a white scrunchy in her hair...


EWW!

NO!

I feel very strongly about this. It is a definite "NO!"

Now, while I adore HC... Let's be honest. She's not the fashion icon that Mrs. O is. So why am I so freaked and thinking this is a potential resurgence for the scrunchy?

Well, it's because of attached poll to the photo on the HuffPo...



REALLY people? Over HALF of you think this is okay???????

I guess my biggest issue with the scrunchy is that it is too contrasting in color and informal. If you are at home... In yoga class... At the gym... A momma/teacher hanging around with her wild and crazy little kids... Or under the age of 18... Sure. This is okay to do.

But in public while otherwise dressed impeccably?

No.

Comments

Blubtrflygrl said…
Ha, I remember the Sex and the City episode where Carrie felt that only non-New Yorkers would go out in public in a scrunchy. I think the last time I wore one myself was in highschool, back in the early 90's.

Popular Posts