Murakami At Versailles.

I love fashion books. Designer collections... models shot by fashion photographers... If it's collected and put into a book with a pretty cover, I am a sucker.

Even when they cost a chunk of change.

When I went to the Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty exhibit at the Met in NYC last month, I walked out with the book in my hands. It is an inspirational book. But that one only cost $45. Today, I ventured over to the bookstore and paid more than double that for a book.

One that isn't a fashion book.

Murakami Versailles...



The first time I learned of Takashi Murakami was in 2003. It was when I was reading the NY Times Sunday Style section, and found a picture of a delightful pink Louis Vuitton Monogram bag with cherry blossoms on it.

I loved those flowers. But certainly did not buy the bag. (This was before I developed a taste for designer bags. But this is probably one of the things that helped me develop a taste for designer elements.)

While I don't have a particular taste for Japanese pop art in my style, I do have an appreciation for it. Especially when it is juxtaposed in a palace with gilded and mirrored halls.

It may not be fashion... But it is fun - and makes me giggle - to look at.

Comments

Popular Posts